Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO)
Coming in 2021!
Also Earn 14 PDUs for PMP/ACP*
Take the Next Step in Your Product Owner Journey
As a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®), you’ve been taught
the Scrum terminology, ceremonies, and principles that enable you to
fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. You’re focused on
maximizing business value and prioritization, and understand how to do
the best possible job to satisfy key stakeholders. One of your
priorities should be your own success! Becoming Agile is a lifelong
journey and incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your
world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is
achieving an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO™)
certification from Scrum Alliance®. This advanced offering is ideal for
a Certified Scrum Product Owner who already has one year of experience
working as a Product Owner on a Scrum team.
As a Product Owner, you know there are rarely enough hours in the day
to do what really matters — building really great products for your
customers and end users. With our new role-specific educational
program, you'll learn specific tools and techniques so you can truly
deliver the business value that matters. You’ll gain new skills and
deepen your knowledge in these areas, and most importantly, you’ll
learn how to say “yes” to your career by saying “no."
Through the A-CSPO course, you’ll learn to:
- Prioritize multiple business initiatives from competing
stakeholders as well as prioritizing user stories, technical debt and
other product backlog items.
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains
focused on the features your customers and end users will actually use.
- Build better products that delight customers using Scrum and Agile.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment.
- Identify the crucial opportunities your team and business need to
deliver now and avoid wasting time chasing down the latest shiny object.
- Provide greater business value and increased productivity with good teamwork and adherence to Scrum values and Agile principles.
- Define and validate business value.
- Develop stakeholder buy-in through effective, focused meetings that encourage stakeholders to trust your decisions and judgment.
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results.
Most importantly, by taking the advanced educational offering, you will
improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your
team on the right track.
What are the benefits of an A-CSPO certification?
Requirements for A-CSPO Certification
- A focus on implementation - The A-CSPO program is designed to
build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the
implementation of Scrum Values and Agile techniques within your company
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace - Our Certified
Scrum Trainers and Certified Enterprise Coaches have trained and
coached Scrum to over 600,000 people around the globe. The new A-CSPO
certification provides an opportunity to take the next step and stand
out among the global Scrum community.
- Stand out in your industry - As a member of the Scrum Alliance
globally recognized community, you show your employer (or potential
employer) your potential as a highly valued professional.
This educational offering is on the Path to CSP®, providing
professionals with a set of techniques and skills that go beyond the
basics and mechanics of Scrum product ownership, expanding into
managing stakeholders, product discovery, and advanced product backlog
Download the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner Learning Objectives
This course is built upon shared experience and exercises that
expand on your knowledge and the knowledge of your peers. Following a
facilitated workshop format, you will enhance the depth of your Product
Owner practice through interactive learning with your peers and
hands-on exercises that build practical knowledge.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed specifically for
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owners with the requisite minimum of two years of experience in
the role. Come prepared to share your knowledge and experience and learn from the experiences
of your peers and the facilitator.
The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, but the learning is serious! Come prepared to learn and have some fun along the way.
*14 Category B PDUs upon completion of the class
Recent Participant Comments
- “I was very pleased with the training Jan delivered. He conveyed
the material in an easy to understand manner with the right mix of
hands-on labs and textbook.”- TF,
- “I can vouch for Jan’s knowledge of Agile software development
and project management practices, as well as his professional
presentation skills and ability to accommodate a diverse and demanding
group of participants.” - RW,
- “Jan was highly effective, quickly gaining the confidence of
managers and team members, including several who had been highly
skeptical of Scrum. His typical approach effectively blended
questions, examples from his own experiences as a hands-on developer
and short, sometimes impromptu, tutorials on Scrum to enable teams to
work through their impediments.” -
- “Now this makes sense!” - TS,
for information on public or client-site training.